OPEN DATA POLICY
In line with the open government concepts and the digital data era, MoF allows access to data that can be used by developers, researchers, media, and the public. Open data is the data that anyone can use, reuse, distribute or share with others without technical, financial or legal restrictions. In most cases, the user might be asked to abide to two conditions:
- • To mention the document source
- • Abide by copyleft licenses
The word 'open' refers to the fact that everyone can access, use, modify and share data for any purpose (provided that the source is mentioned and data is re-subjected toopen data principle).
Following are the obligations of MOF and the visitors regarding the data:
First, MOF obligations towards the customers:
- • Provide open data on MoF's services and activities, or information that is subject to public interest and is valuable to the website visitors.
- • Provide data over several years
- • Publish raw data as much as possible
- • Provide access to data without any restrictions or registration
- • Provide real-time open data as much as possible and make it available for technical use
- • Publish data in adjustable and reusable file formats in 'cut-paste' mode as well as downloadable
- • Enabling you to express your opinion in the open data available on the website
- • Provide a detailed description of the files' type, size, and publish date
Second, what we expect from you when re-using the open data from MOF website:
- • To refer to MoF as the data source with the name of the file and publish date
- • Not to use the data for political purposes, or to support illegal or criminal activity, or to have a negative impact on the name or position of the UAE, or any illegal activity, or contrary to the values of the UAE society
- • Re-subjected the data to 'open data' principle and share it with the public
MOF is not responsible for any direct or indirect consequences or damages that may arise from the use of available data on its website. Such liability rests upon the user.
MOF is committed to the Open Data Guidelines of the mGovernment posted on the UAE Government official portal on the following link:
Third: Following the guidelines of the Federal Open Data License
The Ministry of Finance adheres to the guidelines of the use of open data set by the UAE Federal Open Data License, ensuring that the terms and conditions for the use of open data are applied in all open data that it publishes.
In order to provide open data to users, MoF is free to do the following:
- • Copy, reproduce and communicate to the public the information in any format
- • Adapt or modify the information
- • Exploit the information for both commercial and non-commercial purposes
- • Permit third parties to use the information
Terms and conditions of using open data that we are committed to:,/p>
- • Ensure that the use of open data does not conflict with the UAE and international laws
- • Specify the source of the original material
- • Allow users to use original materials
- • We do not use personal data in information such as IDs, passport or national identity
- • It is not permissible to publish or disclose information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents and trademarks
Responsibility of open data users at MoF:
- • Not use the information in any way that is unlawful and/or misleading to the general public
- • Include the name or identification of the author and retain any copyright notice featured in the original material
- • Where possible, include a URL or hyperlink to the licensed material
- • These are important conditions of the license and if you fail to comply with them, the rights granted to you under this license may be withdrawn.